Saturday, July 23, 2005

The juction of life ( The Traffic of indecision )

The cast :

Woman in Red

Woman in green

Woman in Amber

The car driver's one and two

The scene :

The urban junction of life

Sound fx : Various road and urban town sounds with an organic rumbling undertone ..


The curtain lifts ..

The car speeds along a town road , finally arriving at the junction of life ... ( visual road FX on rear screen )

Players : add lib signalling movements on stage .. This will make every performance unique .

Wir : " Stop "

Wig : " No go "

Wia : " I am torn between a rock and a hard place "

CD2 : " What is it to be , am I never to know the mystery of the road ahead ? "

Wir : " STOP "

Wig : " GO "

Wia : " There is no hope for me !! "

CD1 : " Away with you , you confuse I , with your banter and do nothing but test me on my simple journey .. "

CD 2 appears , stage right ..

Wir : " Stop "

Wig : " Go "

Wia : " Arrr , this is not as it should be .. "

CD 2 : " What is it to be O maidens of the tarmac , O Cross-roadial wenches of indecision ? , to stop or to go ?? "

Wir : " I say stop fool "

Wig : " I say Go forward and live the journey " /span>

Wia : " I am at a great loss as to know ? "

The two car drivers go forward

The house lights dim

An allmighty crashing sound can be heard ( two extra's stage left with dustbin lids )

Strobes flash on stage .. ( Note : " strobes used in performance " signs must be placed around the venue )

Scenes of blood and gore on the rear screen ... By Kevin ..

House lights return ..

We see the car drivers face down on the floor , obviously dead ...

Wir : " What have we done "

Wig : " All is lost , our existance has been compromised .. "

Wia : " This is non of my doing , I am the middle conscience , the conscience of the not blamed " ..

Wir : " I "

Wig :" I "

Wia : " I , you , what , you have failed , life has failed you , and now you must be ... " /span>

Wir : " how do we be ? "

Wig : " Yes , how do we be ? "

Wia :" You will be as we all are too be ? "

Question left open as to leave the audience pondering in time ..

THE END ..

Players stand up and take a bow to rapturous applause ..

1comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» »

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home